Monday, February 25, 2013

Almond Mill Crackers

The thing I miss most now that I am eating a keto friendly diet is the crunch! Sometimes I just want to eat something crunchy like a potato chip or cracker. This recipe completely satisfies that need.

3 oz almond flour, 3/4 cup
2 tsp splenda
1 egg white
3/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp onion powder

Mix all the ingredients well in a small bowl. Place dough on a parchment covered 15x18 cookie sheet. Spread out the mixture with your hands a bit then cover with wax paper or another parchment paper. Roll out the dough to about 1/8" thick. It will be about a 9x9 in square. Remove the top paper and with a pizza cutter cut into small squares. Makes about 48 crackers.

Bake for 10-15 minutes at 325 degrees or until golden brown. Break them apart on the score line and let cool. They will keep for weeks in an air tight container in your pantry.

Serving 8 crackers: 3 carbs

note: I used the whole egg so my crackers were a little harder to roll out and much thinner than they should be. They still had a super awesome crunch and tasted great. Also, I was kind of lazy with my dough cutting so I have all different sizes of crackers. Opps!

No comments:

Post a Comment