Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Greek Spinach and Feta Stuffed Chicken

It's time to get your Greek on! I don't know about you, but I love Greek food. I still remember the first time I ever had a Gyro. It was about 12 years ago. I actually tried it on a dare. I remember being completely shocked at how good it was. From that moment, I was hooked! I love how Greek flavors build on each other and make something so unique and Delicious. Over the years I have been slowly adding Greek dishes to my kitchen. This is a yummy chicken favorite of mine.

3 T Olive Oil
1 Yellow Onion, diced
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
12 oz Fresh Spinach, chopped fine
1/2 cup Feta Cheese
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Pepper
4 Chicken Breasts
1 tsp Salt
4 T Lemon Juice
1 lemon, sliced

Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the onion and garlic on medium high heat. While the onion and garlic cook butterfly your chicken breasts. Do this by cutting the breast in half through the thickness of the breast. Make sure not to go all the way through the chicken. When you open up the chicken (like a book) it  will look like a butterfly. Place a piece of parchment over the breast and using a meat tenderizer (or in my case the side of a Princess mug), hit the chicken several times so that it has the same thickness through the whole chicken. Do this for all 4 breasts and set aside.

Once the onion and garlic are ready put in a medium size bowl; add spinach, feta, nutmeg and pepper. Place 1/4 of the mixture on one side of a butterflied piece of chicken. Then fold the other side of the chicken over the feta mixture. Do this for all 4 pieces. Place in a lightly greased baking dish.

Combine the remaining olive oil, lemon juice and salt together and drizzle over the chicken. Place sliced lemons around the chicken. Bake at 375 for 35-40 minutes.

Makes 8 Half Breast Servings Calories: 158, Carbs: 4g


No comments:

Post a Comment